About Election Commission:
The authorised body that is in-charge of supervising the functioning of Election Process.
Introduction to Election commission India:
An autonomous body that constitutionally has got the responsibility for managing election process of Lok Sabha, State Legislation, Rajya Sabha and offices of Vice President & President in India.
Who can appoint Officer of Election Commission of India..??
The President of India can appoint the election commissioner of India. And also has got the authority to appoint the additional commissioner accordingly based on the knowledge.
- The Election Commission works under the operational authority of Constitution.
- And simultaneously enacts according to Representation Of People’s Act.
- It is also said by the Supreme Court of India, held the process of enacting the laws that are silent / make inadequate provisions to deal with certain situations in the conduct of elections.
- ECI (Election commission of India) has got the residuary power under the constitution act in a proper manner.
Authoritative acts and Functioning:
In a Democratic country like India, it is always right to maintain a periodical holding of elections that are free and fair for this kind of system (Democratic).
- The election is conducted in safe an secured manner by the Election Commission. This is done as they issue a kind of Model Code of Conduct for all the political parties along with the candidates in a proper way.
- The code of conduct was primarily issue during the year of 1971 (5th Election) which received it periodically.
- Few guidelines are to be followed by political parties + the candidates at the time of election. But, sometimes mishaps may take place where complaints are reported and machinery gets destroyed by the candidates. But, however code of conduct has not got any statutory basis. It only has got persuasive effect.
- It has got something that is known as ‘Rules of electoral Morality’, however the lack of backing by Statutory properties does not allow any prevention of Commission for enforcing that.
Law of registration:
- When it comes to the law of registration, the parties politically have enacted in the year 1989. In this many Political parties have registered with the commission.
Official web-link : Eci.nic.in
- This allows the commission of election have a track on all the political parties.
- To avoid the influence of growing and offensive showers of money at the time of election, the commission of election has got few suggestions in this regards:
- Where, the Election Commission has made few legal limitations on the money that the political party of a participating candidates can spend on, in the duration of election.
- The revision of limitation are made time to time. Monitoring is done on individual accounts how the expenses are made.
- Within 30 days period of result declaration, the candidates are supposed to submit the expenses list.
- Campaign period is given by Election Commission is from 21 to 14 (Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections to bring down expenses of elections).
- All together, Election Commission keeps intake of the assets on affidavit during the time of Nomination papers are submitted.
Improvements have been made to election process where EVM (Electronic Voting Machines) were introduced.
Reduces malpractices and improvises efficiency.
State election Commission:
The right of giving direction, Superintendence and control over election for the governing bodies locally relay on the State Election Commissions.
This is envisaged in Article 243K on the constitution of India.
According to the Act of Constitution 73rd Amendment, that was passed in the year 1992 by P.V Narsimha Rao govet., came into action on April 24, 1993.
This was done to monitor the sanctions of constitutional in the “democracy at the grassroots level as it is at the state level or national Level”.
Power of State Election Commission:
Unique authorities are given to the Sate election Commission to the Bodies that are local, they involve following things:
- SEC chairs the Delimitations Commission which Delimits Local Government Constituencies .
- All power is handed over to the to SEC chair, including disciplinary management of staff, election duties and to assign reserved posts and constituencies.
- Also the SEC has the authority to disqualify the participating candidate who fail to submit election Account.
Election commission Branches:
The branches of Election Commission of India are distributed all over the states of India.
In India there is a population of 1.2Billion people, which is considered to be the highest populated country relating to democracy systems of world.
This is a federal Constitutional republic that is governed by the Parliamentary System.
India is a country that has got 29 States and 7 Union Territories.
Each state has got their own Election commissions offices that are primarily governed by the Central broad.
State of Gujarat
With : Election Commission of Gujarat
State of Andhra Pradesh
With : Election commission of Andhra Pradesh
and so on..
Further details Election Commission Office:
On the detailed information regarding the Election Commission office are given the Official web-links provided,
- Regarding – Public Information, Political party information