The authorized body that is in charge of supervising the functioning of the Election Process.
Introduction to Election commission India:
An autonomous body that constitutionally has got the responsibility for managing election process of Lok Sabha, State Legislation, Rajya Sabha and offices of Vice President & President in India.
Who can appoint Officer of Election Commission of India..??
The President of India can appoint the election commissioner of India. And also has got the authority to appoint the additional commissioner accordingly based on the knowledge.
Authoritative acts and Functioning:
In a Democratic country like India, it is always right to maintain a periodical holding of elections that are free and fair for this kind of system (Democratic).
- The election is conducted in safe an secured manner by the Election Commission. This is done as they issue a kind of Model Code of Conduct for all the political parties along with the candidates in a proper way.
- The code of conduct was primarily issued during the year of 1971 (5th Election) which received it periodically.
- Few guidelines are to be followed by political parties + the candidates at the time of an election. But, sometimes mishaps may take place where complaints are reported and machinery gets destroyed by the candidates. But, however code of conduct has not got any statutory basis. It only has got the persuasive effect.
- It has got something that is known as ‘Rules of electoral Morality’, however, the lack of backing by Statutory properties does not allow any prevention of Commission for enforcing that.
- To avoid the influence of growing and offensive showers of money at the time of an election, the commission of election has got few suggestions in this regards:
- Where, the Election Commission has made few legal limitations on the money that the political party of a participating candidate can spend on, in the duration of the election.
- The revision of limitation is made time to time. Monitoring is done on individual accounts how the expenses are made.
- Within 30 days period of result declaration, the candidates are supposed to submit the expenses list.
- The campaign period is given by Election Commission is from 21 to 14 (Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections to bring down expenses of elections).
- Altogether, Election Commission keeps intake of the assets on affidavit during the time of Nomination papers are submitted.
Power of State Election Commission:
Unique authorities are given to the Sate election Commission to the Bodies that are local, they involve following things:
- SEC chairs the Delimitations Commission which Delimits Local Government Constituencies.
- All power is handed over to the to SEC chair, including disciplinary management of staff, election duties and to assign reserved posts and constituencies.
- Also, the SEC has the authority to disqualify the participating candidate who fails to submit election Account.
Election commission Branches:
The branches of Election Commission of India are distributed all over the states of India.
In India, there is a population of 1.2Billion people, which is considered to be the highest populated country relating to democratic systems of the world.
This is a federal Constitutional republic that is governed by the Parliamentary System.
India is a country that has got 29 States and 7 Union Territories.
Each state has got their own Election commissions offices that are primarily governed by the Central broad
Further details Election Commission Office:
On the detailed information regarding the Election Commission office are given the Official web-links provided,
- Regarding – Public Information, Political party information